Share Screen on Google Meet has low quality

When using the share screen to record a video no problem.

When instead I share the screen during a live call (I tried with google meet) the shared screen is not sharp/clear. I tried to look for a streaming quality option in prezi, but could not find it.

Thanks

Hi @Benedetto_Mancini, could you please specify which screen sharing are you using? Do you mean the screen sharing inside Prezi Video that gives you low quality?

Please note that Prezi Video is always streaming on HD quality, most of the time the quality issue is happening on the videoconferencing tool’s end. Could you please send me a screenshot showing the Prezi Video window and the Google Meet window so the difference is visible?

Hi Bert,

I think I was approaching it wrong. I was sharing the screen inside prezi but not sharing prezi window on the google meet. So just pinning my image the quality of the shared screen was not good. When instead I share my prezi app on google meet the streaming was good.

Thanks,
Benedetto

Hi @Benedetto_Mancini, thanks for the feedback and the explanation.

Please note that you can access your Google Meet settings with the 3 dots in the bottom right corner, where you can check the sending and receiving resolution of your video.

Please make sure this is set to 720p as the default is 360p which provides a lower resolution.

Hope this helps!

I am having the same issue. I loved Prezi Video once it appeared and always used it with Google Meet. I’ve created loads of presentations using Prezi Video templates. However, in the past months the video resolution has been very bad on the audience end, which means they cannot read the slides as I present. I understand it is most likely a change in Google Meet rather than Prezi, but I think you should let people know that it is very likely that this will happen. I had a very important job presentation and I prepared it with the intention of using Prezi Video. They complained about the resolution and I had to present it via normal share screen mode. Half of each slide did not have any content and it did not look good. If there is nothing Prezi can do about it, I think Prezi Video should become a tool only for video recording, not for live presentations using these platforms.

Thanks, @Aline_Frederico for your feedback.

Please check this article created by Google on improving video and audio quality.