Remove the virtual camera for other apps

Hi there, Prezi Video looks fabulous but I haven’t been unable to use it for the moment (login issue) but what really bothers me is that it acts as a virtual webcam, and it interferes with other apps on my macos 10.14, chiefly Google Chrome: I need to use the video feed from my webcam on some webpages and whereas it works for some teleconference apps, like jitsi, it doesn’t for others and I don’t seem to be able to change the webcam it uses, which is stuck on Prezi Video :frowning:
I tried to simply delete the desktop app Prezi Video, but I have been unsuccessful in doing it completely: I am stuck with this useless virtual video whereas the app is deleted. How do I completely remove Prezi Video desktop drivers?

Thanks, best regards, Christian

Hi @Christian_Mercat, have you tried to change the camera settings in Google Chrome? You should be able to select your FaceTime Camera which is your built-in camera on your Mac.

If you wish to completely delete Prezi Video I would suggest you uninstall it via the installer that you can download from here.

Hope this helps!

Seriously, I have been a prezi user for years and loved this new feature - but you guys just took over my computer’s camera - I can’t use screencastify without your logo showing up…wtf? I was about to recommend you to my whole school as a good option for online learning, but, now I am uninstalling . Get it together.

Hello @steve_dreher, I merged your post with the relevant thread. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused, please follow the recommendation mentioned by my colleague @Bart:

Were you able to change to your built-in camera?

Hope to hear from you soon!

This preference in Google Chrome has no effect on the choice of the webcam, I am stuck with Prezi Video virtual webcam. But it works in Firefox though, so I switched to FF for these web pages where I need my built-in camera. It is really annoying. I don’t know where to switch off Prezi Video virtual cam.

Hi @Christian_Mercat, please find my previous answer below. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Last week I loaded Prezi Video desktop app. Once I loaded it, I could no longer open Adobe Premiere Pro 2020. When I try to open Premiere it just hangs and will not open. I use Premiere all the time so it took me a minute to figure out what changed. When I deleted Prezi Video App, Premiere would now open. I don’t have to have the Prezi Video app open for this to happen. I’ve tried this twice now to confirm the problem. I need both programs because I am making some changes to my Prezi Video.

Are these two programs sharing some type of resource related to video access? Has anyone else had this problem?

1 Like

Hello @Morrice_Blackwell, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Please, check the reply above :slight_smile:

Let us know if this could help!