Prezi Video Virtual Camera not listed on Meets nor Skype

Dear Prezi Community,

I have just installed Prezi Video 1.6.0 on a MacBook Air (2019) and imported my presentation with no issue at all. However, when I try to do a video conference on Skype (8.62.0.85) or Google Meets (on Safari 13.1.2), the ‘Prezi Video Virtual Camera’ is not listed.

Just confirming that the PreziVideo.plugin is installed on /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-ins/DAL. Also the com.prezi.prezivideo.vcam.assistant.plist is installed on /Library/LaunchAgents. Prezi Video is allowed to access the built-in camera, under System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Safari cache was emptied and the computer was restarted.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the Prezi Video Virtual Camera listed?

Hi @Fabio_Roselet, Thanks for the detailed report!
Could you please try using Google Chrome as your browser and let me know if that changes anything?

If you have any antivirus, please let me know that as well!

Hi @Bart,

Thanks for your super fast reply. :smiley:
So Prezi Video and Google Meet worked just fine on Google Chrome, no flaws… However, I would be happier if Prezi Video just worked on Safari as I don’t like the idea of having multiple browsers and I’m quite happy with Safari. Also, Prezi Video is still not working with Skype.
Regarding antivirus, I don’t have any installed. CleanMyMac is installed but I don’t think it is the culprit.
Are there any other tests (or log files) that would help in getting Prezi Video working on Safari and Skype?

Thanks for your help Bart! :v:t2:

Just an update: Prezi Video is working on Skype Web via Chrome. However, I would like to use Skype Desktop and not being limited to use Chrome as a workaround.

Hi @Fabio_Roselet, I’ve reported this issue to our developers, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi @Bart,
Thanks a lot for forwarding this issue to the developers. :+1:t2: Hoping to hear from them soon. :crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes