Prezi Video not working with Zoom on Mac?

Hi,
Zoom app is updated today or late yesterday, and now Prezi video is not working with zoom meeting “There is no Prezi camera to pick from video cameras”

2 Likes

Hey @Alshaimaa_Alanadoly on April 8, Zoom released an update that does not currently support Prezi Video on the latest version of Zoom for Mac.

This was not due to any security issues on Prezi’s side and does not represent any long term changes to the relationship between both products. We’re currently working with Zoom to ensure Prezi Video works seamlessly again on all platforms.

If you want to continue using Prezi Video with Zoom on Mac, you can do so by uninstalling the most recent version of Zoom and reinstalling the previous version: https://d11yldzmag5yn.cloudfront.net/prod/4.6.19273.0402/Zoom.pkg.

For more information and troubleshooting tips, please read our Knowledge Base article here: https://prez.is/s4c0nmo/

1 Like

I am having the same issue since the last update.
Thanks for the link for downgrading Zoom.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the link and the info.
hope zoom work back in its new update with Prezi bets I think they r working on their security issues, so it a bit unsafe keep working on the old versions.
will use this for now, hoping for a fix soon…

thank you so much for the link and ur time.

1 Like

Zoom released Version :4.6.11 (20561.0413)
Not fixed in this update.

Please update Prezi Video soon, so it will integrate again with Zoom for live streaming lectures.

1 Like

Hi,

Updated zoom is not working with prezi video, older zoom version is not working anymore, so now we can’t use zoom at all with prezi video… any solutions plz?

thank u…

Hi @Alshaimaa_Alanadoly, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.
Our developers are working on the fix for this issue and we will update this thread once we have any news regarding this.

2 Likes

ok, thank you so much Bart

1 Like

I’m new to Prezi video and have been testing it out on both GoToWebinar and Zoom. I have to use the Chrome browser for Zoom since I’m a Mac user and the Zoom app won’t allow Prezi right now. However, it seems that when I present on Zoom via Chrome browser, the attendees see my slide thumbnails on the left side of the screen. I’ve tried everything to make this disappear within Prezi, but that’s not possible. Can anyone help me understand how I can present without viewers seeing my thumbnails? I only want them to see my video and my slides in Overlay mode.

Hello @Steven_Burns, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Could you please check this reply and let us know if you are able to open Prezi Video through the Zoom app?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Catarina,
Thanks for merging this post into the thread. I had seen this previously. My issue is related, but not exactly. I’m discussing the use of the Prezi Video through the Zoom Chrome extension and not through the Zoom App.

However, I just went back to Chrome and registered the Zoom extension and it now seems to work fine. It appears a little fuzzy though. But that’s not Prezi’s issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Is there any ETA on when Prezi Video will be integrated with the latest version of Zoom video conferencing?

Hello @Tracy_Lauritzen, I merged your post with the relevant thread. We’re currently working with Zoom to ensure Prezi Video works seamlessly again through the application, but for now I would recommend to use Zoom with Chrome, or to install the previous version. Please, check this article with more details about on how to do so :slight_smile:

Hi Catarina,
For the moment it works because I installed the older version of zoom through the link you provide in the article, it’s been working like that for a few weeks now. I’m all the time ignoring the “update now” suggestion in the zoom app.
But I recently got a message from zoom where they are announcing a big update that will be forced on all zoom users latest on may 30th…

" Dear Valued Customer,
As we have previously communicated, Zoom 5.0 is live! We wanted to take a moment to highlight some key dates and information regarding this release .

Beginning May 30th , 2020, Zoom will be enabling GCM encryption across the entire Zoom platform, providing increased protection for meeting data.

Please begin updating all your clients to Zoom 5.0 now . After May 30, 2020, all Zoomclients on older versions will receive a forced upgrade when trying to join meetings as GCM Encryption will be fully enabled across the Zoom platform."

And I’m planning several online trainings in which I will teach people what Prezi Video is and how to use it in zoom …
Are you going to be ready for zoom for Mac when zoom pushes this new update?
Should i not plan any trainings after may 30th for a while? … or get a windows machine to run them on? And be prepared to disappoint mac users in the audience?

Cheers,
Paul

hello Prezi people
The Zoom mandated update has made all my Prezi Video presenting null and void. While I can make the videos and email links to them. The presenting has been important for internal teaching in our institution. The version 5 update now has had two further minor updates and still no Prezi update.
I am asking “could we get an update on how long it will it be before we get this working”.
1 month, 6 month, 1 year.
Just so we can plan our operations.
Thanks

Hello @Paul_Naveau, thank you so much for sharing your concerns with us, since this issue started, the development teams of Prezi and Zoom are working together in order to ensure that Prezi Video will work with the new app release. The other workaround we are recommending is to use Zoom through your browser, have you also tried this solution? :slight_smile:

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hello @Franco_Di_Dio, we understand your concern, could you please check the reply I posted previously?

Hope this could help!