Prezi Video crashes when trying to access the menu

Hi there.

I’m wanting to use the desktop app of Prezi Video but I haven’t been able to get it to work without crashing immediately upon trying to access the menu. When I first launched it after installation it crashed upon trying to display the camera. The camera works fine in other apps and Prezi Video has access to it through the Windows Privacy settings. I’m not sure what else to check here. I’m also having issues with Prezi Next app crashing so I wonder if they are related to the same underlining issue.

My specs:
MSI GS65 Stealth 8RF

Hey @Chris_Gonnella could you try to install the latest version from this link and then try again?

Let us know!

This didn’t work either. I’m attaching a link to a video demonstrating what it’s doing. There are two clips: one with the menu crashing the program and one with trying to access the camera crashes the program.

Prezi Video Crashes

Thanks Chris, I’ve forwarded this issue to our developers. I’ll get back to you once I have anything.

Stay safe!
Sam

One more thing: can you check for the device ID and send that to us? It should be located in C:\ProgramData\Prezi\pui - so we can check our crash logs.

Sent via private message! :slight_smile:

i have the same problem

Hi @Andrey_Da_Costa_Moser, could you tell me if you are on a Windows system?
Could you tell me the exact computer model you are using?
Could you try to uninstall and reinstall the desktop application to make sure you have the latest version?

Im on an Windows system.

My computer is a ryzen 5 3600. Rx 5700xt. Asus b450 prime. 16gb RAM 3200mhz.

I just uninstall it and install it again.
It closes exactly like the guy os the post.
I Was thinkin about to upgrade prezi. But i need it to work.
Thanks and sorry for my english.

Hey @Andrey_Da_Costa_Moser can you try to update your device drivers?

To update drivers on a Windows machine, we recommend using Windows Update:

1. Open Settings .
  2. Click on Update & Security.
  3. Click on Windows Update.
  4. Click the Check for updates button.

After this I recommend trying again, alternatively, reinstalling the Prezi Video app from here:
For 32bit Windows: https://desktopassets.prezi.com/cast/win/releases/Prezi.Video-x86-2.5.1.0.msi
For 64bit Windows: https://desktopassets.prezi.com/cast/win/releases/Prezi.Video-x64-2.5.1.0.msi

If these don’t help, let us know!

1 Like

There didn’t seem to be any drivers to update on my machine but the new version fixed the issue for me. Thanks!

3 Likes