Prezi crashes after I try to start a video conference

Hi!

Every time a click “video conference” the window “Choose an app to video conference” shows for 2-3 seconds and then Prezi Video crashes, exiting the application.

I tried to reinstall several times, but the problem remains.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi @Ribamar_Nogueira, could you please tell me if you are Windows or Mac?

Do you get any error message when the app crashes?

I’m using Windows 10.

No error message or freeze window. After fews seconds Prezi crashes and closes.

Hi @Ribamar_Nogueira, could you please send me the engine logs so our developers can check on this further?

You can find the Prezi Engine Logs here: c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Prezi.Cast\Engine\Log\

You can use wetransfer.com to send the file to me, please make sure to create a transfer link instead of sending me an email.

Here’s the log files.

me pasa lo mismo ayuda!!!

Hi @Ribamar_Nogueira, thanks for the info, I have forwarded it to our developers who are investigating it.

Hola @Jose_Lopez, ¿podría enviarme los registros del motor para que nuestros desarrolladores puedan verificar esto más a fondo?

Puede encontrar los registros de Prezi Engine aquí: c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Prezi.Cast\Engine\Log\

Puede usar wetransfer.com para enviarme el archivo, asegúrese de crear un enlace de transferencia en lugar de enviarme un correo electrónico.

Hi, I have the same problem. When I click start a video conference, the menu occures but the applicaton crashes in few seconds.
Here is my log:

Hello @Zzz, thank you so much for sending the logs, our development is currently checking it and we’ll let you know as soon as we have any informations!

Just to confirm, are you able to record?

It would also be very helpful if you could send us your DxDiag file (please check this article on how to do so).

Hello,
I’m having the same issue… I just reinstall the last version of Prezi, but the same crashing keeps happening when trying to connect with a videoconferencing app. I am on a windows 10 laptop.
I am able to record, the problem is just when trying to start videoconference.
Here’s my log files and the DxDiag file: https://we.tl/t-u6nEQrfRIF
Hope you can help, I had to present my classes sharing the screen the last week :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sending the files @Laura_MR, our developers are currently investigating this, I’ll reach out as soon as we have any developments :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tengo el mismo proglema.
Intento hacer una videoconferencia con Google meet y cuando comienzo a transmitir se apaga el programa.
Tengo windows 10 home. La última actualización de crome.
No encuentro los archivos /Log/ en la carpeta Engine para enviarlos por wetransfer.

Hola @jose_pons
¿Podría decirme qué encuentra cuando busca los registros del motor? ¿Podrías decirme dónde estás bloqueado?

Hello Prezi,

Same problem here.
The Prezi video keeps crashing without error msg.
Sometimes withing seconds of opening the application.
Other times in the mids of recording or presenting.
Also webcam acces is being denied is sometimes.

Specs: Win10, latest drivers, webcam Logitech C270, Prezi v. 2.16.5.0

Troubleshoot attempts: Unn/Re-install, Reboot system, try older version, run in compat mode win7/ win 8.
Problem remains PLZ HELP!.

I got school en work to do :wink:

Many Thanx

Hi @Vincent_Moret, could you please send me the engine logs of your application?

You can find the Engine logs on the following location:
c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Prezi.Cast\Engine\Log\

You can use wetransfer.com to send the file to me, please make sure to create a transfer link instead of sending me an email.

Hello again @Laura_MR, could you try to create a quick test video in the application by clicking on “Create new video”, and only after selecting the “Videoconference” option? Let us know how did this go, please!

Hope to hear from you soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Bart Many thanks for your quick reply.

Find the logfiles in the wetransfer link.

Thanks!

Same problem

Prezi video keeps crashing and webcam image doesn’t come on screen. The webcam is properly connected and works with all other apps such as Zoom, Skype, etc.

Specs: Win10 Pro, latest drivers, webcam Logitech StreamCam, Prezi v. 2.16.5.0

Troubleshoot attempts: Uninstall/Re-install, Reboot system, try older version, run in compat mode win7/ win 8.

Video of issue: https://bit.ly/31s33r0

Hi @Jan_Montalvo, could you please send me the engine logs as well?

You can find the Engine logs on the following location:
c:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\Prezi.Cast\Engine\Log\

Here is the link: