Presenter notes missing on desktop app

The presentation prepared in the Prezi Present online and has the presenters notes at every slide. Including the slide with ‘zoom in’ feature.
All the presenters notes are available in Prezi Video online (e.g. web browser recording).
Once using Prezi Video Desktop on Mac and selecting video from the Prezi Present, the app populates only presented notes from the main presentation slides. And replaces the notes on zoom-in slides with the notes as at the main slide.
Please, advise?

Hi @Alexander_Gamolya, there has been a new update for our desktop application, could you please download it and see if the issue persist there?

Hello Bart, I confirm update resolved the issue. Thanks for the quick fix!

2 Likes

Hello, Can you let me know what this latest version happens to be? I have Desktop App on my PC and it says it is up to the latest version. And I have the same issue with notes not appearing but they are already embedded in the Presentation in both Prezi Present and Prezi Next Desktop App.

However, I also have an old Mac mini, with Prezi Video Desktop App, and that has now prompted me to update and after that update I can see the notes. My question is, are we awaiting a specific update to resolve this issue with PCs only?

Best,

Andrew

Hi @Andrew_McWhirter, I’m checking on this further. Could you please check the version number of your Prezi Video on your Windows PC? You can check the version number in the Programs and Features section.
The current version should be 2.16.5.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have checked and it is indeed 2.16.5.0 that I have.

Thanks, @Andrew_McWhirter for the response, I’ve forwarded this report to our developers. We will update this thread if it’s released for Windows as well.

Hello, I have created a presentation with using Prezi online Edu Plus. There are presenter notes on most pages. In Presenter View all those notes appear. However, when I open the file in Prezi Video Desktop (PC), only notes from the main presentation slides appear. Notes on zoom-in slides disappear and are replaced by the notes on the main slides. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Prezi Video desktop app a couple of times.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi @James_Gerard_Duffy, I’ve checked on this and I cannot reproduce the issue.

Could you please let me know which Prezi Video desktop app version do you have installed on your computer? Is it a Mac or a Windows device?

Hello Bart, I have installed and reinstalled the latest version – Prezi Video x64-2.23.2.0.
The problem I am having is the one that Alexander describes in the first post. I can add, edit, and delete presenter notes in my Prezi Presentation using Edu Plus. But when I try to stream the presentation using the Prezi Video desktop app, only the notes from the main slides appear, and I lose all the other notes, e.g. those for images that I zoom in to.

Hi @James_Duffy, do you have an example presentation you could share with me where I could reproduce or see the issue happening?

Hello Bart,
In the online editor of my Prezi presentation, there are 75 different views, some of them zooming to an image. All of my notes appear there when I use Presenter View.
But when I import the presentation into Prezi Video to stream online using the desktop app, notes only appear on the 26 themes and sub-themes (see other attachment).
I would be happy to share a link to the presentation in a private email.
Thanks for your help,
JD

Hi @James_Duffy, I see that you are not using the latest version of Prezi Video.

Could you please download the installer from here and see if that solves the issue?

Hello Bart,
Thanks, I upgraded to 3.0.0.0, but the problem continues. Presenter notes that appear in presenter view disappear when I stream live using Prezi Video. I believe this only happens with notes for slides where I use the zoom to image or zoom to area option.
JD

Hi @James_Duffy, the issue you have described is resolved with the newer release so I would need to check your presentation in more details. For this reason, I’m going to reach out to you via email so we can look into this case further.