Mirrored camera

Hello together,

i am just testing and have some questions (camera “NIKON Z7” + “CAM LINK 4k”; 1080p; Premium license)
PREZI Video works but not perfect.

• picture in PREZI is mirrored (windows camera app shows the correct view)
  • resolution of the downloaded video is very poor (960x540) - this is not FULL HD - nice would be 4k :slight_smile: .

Is there a way to get the right orientated picture from the camera, respectively a better video resolution ?

Attachments:

Hello @H_Hoefelmann, the picture is mirrored on purpose so you are able to see yourself and interact with the content :slight_smile:

In relation to the resolution, you can create crisp and clear videos in full HD when recording with the desktop application, which will be available soon for Windows.

If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to reach out to us!

Hello Catarina,

First:
any new information about the availability of the desktop application to create Full HD videos.
Button ist still not active (only info “coming soon”). Version 1.8.6

Second:
I can follow your argumentation regarding the mirrored picture of the moderator - but let´s say if I wear a shirt with a cool statement or have a poster with text in the background - its very confusing. Wouldn´t it ?

Kind regards

Hello Prezi-Team!

Same question again :wink:
*" … any new information about the availability of the desktop application to create Full HD videos. Button ist still not active (only info “coming soon”). Version 1.8.6"

Do you have a timeline for that? It would be helpful to decide how and when to record my next projects.

THX a lot!!

Jascha

Hello @H_Hoefelmann, although the Lite editor is still not available in the Windows app, you are able to record full HD videos following these steps:

1. Create a video online;
  2. Click on the option: Go live (the desktop app will open automatically);
  3. Then, you will be able to record your video through there instead of going live;

In relation to the mirrored camera, as this is a built-in feature in webcams, it’s not possible to change it, but we also agree that it would be very useful if you need to display any kind of text.

Hope this could help! :slight_smile:

Hello @Jascha_Schmitz, could you please check my reply above? Let me know if this could help! :slight_smile:

Hello Catarina,

Webcam (video+ audio) works perfect when using prezi-video-online (“create new video” or “advanced create”).
But in the online mode there is no chance to import your own prezis.

Due to your recommendation

• I can open the desktop app by usinge “Go live”
  • import a prezi of my own
  • and only a black screen when using the speaker mode

I can record a video but only audio is recorded. Speaker view is only “black screen”.

Also an update of the camera list in the desktop app does not change anything.

Your comment regarding the mirrored camera is not correct.
"In relation to the mirrored camera, as this is a built-in feature in webcams, it’s not possible to change it, but we also agree that it would be very useful if you need to display any kind of text.

My camera app (win10) shows the correct picture of my NIKON-Z7 - When using the prezi-video-online (choosing webcam “camlink 4K”) the picture is mirrored.
So the problem is only related to prezi and has nothing to do with a “built-in feature of webcams”.
I´ve decided to buy this “camlink adapter” due to the recommendation of prezi !!!

Please find a solution

Hello @H_Hoefelmann, sorry for the late reply.

I have tested this under Windows 10, and I was able to record my presentation following these steps:

1. Open the PV app;
  2. Choose the option Import from Prezi and you will see a list with your presentations;
  3. Select the presentation and click on Import;
  4. Another window will open and you will be able to click on the Record button down;
  5. Then, your presentation should start recording and you will be able to export it when it’s finished.

You can check this video example on how to do so.

The black screen issue can occur if your camera is opened in another application simultaneously, so I would ask you to guarantee this is not happening and try to record once again. If this couldn’t resolve the problem, could you please send us your system specifications so we can investigate this further?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hello Catarina,

wow - new version “2.0.2.0” - but still the same problems (see 7/8 Jan) !!!
There ist no other app using the camera simultaneously.
Everything works in the online editor.

2020-02-14 17_43_13-Untitled presentation _ Prezi

I can choose the camera and everything is fine.

If I open the Offline Editor - No camera in the list and also a refresh of the camera list has no effect.

So for me it seems to be only a problem with the Offline editor.

What else do you need to solve this problem ? How I can send you a system report ?

Kind regards

Hello @H_Hoefelmann, thank you so much for all the detailed information, our developers are currently investigating this issue :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, we would like to ask you to send us some informations so we can assist you:

1. Please, send us the information contained in the following folder: %temp%\Prezi.Cast\Engine\Log?
  2. Run this diagnostics tool and collect the info.

You can send these through WeTransfer, please choose the option of sending it as a link and copy it in your reply.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sorry Catarina for late reply :slight_smile:

to much to work for other projecxts.
Nothing has changed.
Log-file with the following content:
Sat Mar 7 12:17:25 2020 WARN prezi_log:default Webcam with no compatible configs found

Used hardware (recomended by PREZI):

• Cam Link 4K, Model 20GAM9901; Serial No.:FX27I1A01425
  • Nikon Z7

The camera app (win10) has no problems with the CamLin4K adapter - everything works perfect.

Kind regards

Hello @H_Hoefelmann, thank you so much, we have sent these informations to our developers :slight_smile:

As soon as we have any news, we will let you know!

Anyone know if its possible to invert the video? I am reading aloud to students and the book is backward.

Hello @Erica_Leu, I merged your post with the relevant thread. It’s still not possible to do so in Prezi Video, but this feature is in our roadmap, and it should be available soon :slight_smile: We will let you know whenever we have any updates!

1 Like

I have the same question that I’m trying to read books aloud and would love to use prezi for its additional effects, but the book is backwards so not helpful for my students.

2 Likes

Does anybody know how it is possible to correct the mirror effect?
during my recording, I will use a whiteboard and everything on the board record horizontally inverse.
I could not find any option in the Prezi video to correct this issue.

1 Like

Hello @M0hi_j, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Please, check the reply above :slight_smile:

Dear team, I have your Desktop application and have two webcams - one in an ASUS laptop and the other in an external Canyon HD1080. But, your application I can’t use because the background, my T-shirt text, the books I’ll be showing - all will be mirrored.
Please tell me how to turn off the mirror image? - https://prezi.com/v/z0b5xzbjggy7/prezi-mirror/

Hello @Igor_Zviagin, for now it’s not possible to turn of the mirroring in Prezi Video, but this feature is currently being developed and we will announce once it’s available!

While recording on Prezi video, it appears mirrored. I am a teacher and I need to write on a wall without the letters being mirrored. How do i solve the problem?