[MAC] Unable to connect Prezi to Zoom or Facebook

I’m with MAC. Settings are done (security ok)
Prezi app works fine.
Connecting with zoom worked one time in January.
Yesterday, when trying to connect with Facebook live, got a black screen (so the option to choose Prezi camera IS there, but when selecting it, I get a black screen).
Then tried with Zoom, but the screen froze. Tried it again today with Zoom, same thing. It freezes everytime I try to selec “Prezi camera”. I tried to connect to zoom first in the zoom app, then in the Prezi video app. Both times, got the same result with the screen freeze.
What needs to be done ?

Hi @Marie-Michele_Ricard, could you please let me know what kind of Mac are you using and what is the Operating System version you have on it?

Hi @Bart, thank you for helping me.
I have a MacOS Monterey 12.1 (MacBook Air).
Let me know if you need more information.

Hi @Marie-Michele_Ricard, thanks for the info.
Could you please let me know what is the version number of Prezi Video installed on your device?

Could you also share a full screenshot of the issue on Facebook and in Zoom?

@Bart, thank you for your return.
The Prezi video app is the version “2.2.0 (8624)”.
I’m sorry I can’t share a screenshot but assume that :

• in zoom, when connecting with “prezi camera”, the screen froze (so it was the screen of zoom camera, but frozen),
  • in facebook, when connecting with “prezi camera”, the screen was black, so nothing appeared.
    Please let me know if you need anything else,
    Thank you.

Hi @Marie-Michele_Ricard, could you please check if Prezi, Zoom and the browser you use with Facebook is having proper access to the camera in your System Preferences - Security and Privacy?

Could you also let me know what is the exact model of your Macbook Air? What year is it?

Hi @Bart,

I have a MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019)
Please see picture attached, I believe this is the information you are looking for.

Let me know if you need anything else,
Thank you

Hi @Marie-Michele_Ricard, thanks for the details, I’m checking this with our developers.

Could you please check 2 more things?

• What happens when you completely quit Prezi Video (Right-click - Quit), then open Zoom and select the Prezi Camera on your camera list?
  • If you are in Prezi Video, please check the list in the top menu under Camera. Please send me a screenshot of the camera list there.

Hi @Bart,

1. when I quit Prezi Video, in zoom, I still can choose the Prezi Camera, but it still freezes
  2. see picture

Thank you

Hi. I have the same issue:

MacBook Pro Mid 2021 (works in other cases completely fine)
MacOS 10.15.7
Zoom App 5.9.3
Prezi Video 2.4.0

Prezi Cam in Zoom is non-functional, like descripted above.

What can I do?

Hi everyone,

Could you please reinstall Prezi Video with these specific instructions?

1. close all conferencing app that might be using the Prezi Camera
  2. Uninstall Prezi Video with our Installer, which you can find here
  3. Reboot your device.
  4. Reinstall Prezi Video with the same installer that you’ve downloaded above.
  5. Start up your conferencing app and check if it works fine with Prezi Video.

Let me know how this works out. :slight_smile:

Hi @Bart,

Thank you. I did #1, 2, and 3 as told. For #4, I went to de Prezi site and download the app with their link (I did not understand how to do it like you told). With Zoom, everything looks fine. I will try with Facebook Live another time. Thanks again !

1 Like