Desktop app not working in Mac (Catalina)

The desktop editor was working great not only to make videos but to feature presentations into zoom meetings. The current situation is that the app won’t even open. I haven’t even seen this mentioned anywhere so far.
My mac laptop is running the latest Catalina and the latest version of prezi video desktop.

Hi @Jeff_Fairbanks,
Sorry to hear you are facing this issue.

Could you please let me know if you have recently updated your Prezi Video application or your operating system? Do you see the app properly installed on your device?

What happens if you are performing a search for the application after pushing CMD + SPACE?

Hello! My current system is 10.15.7 Catalina. When I search prezi video it does show an app and the downloaded installer. The app is version 1.9.0. Since I also have the installer for 1.4.1 I downloaded and installed it. The app opens up and does certain things but crashes soon after opening. But 1.9.0 will not open at all.

Hi @Jeff_Fairbanks, do you get any error messages or anywhere where you could reach the crashlog of the application?

I am having this same problem, was there a solution found? I updated to the latest version of Prezi Video 1.9.0 and it will not open at all. Running 10.15.7 Catalina as well.

Not that I am aware of

No luck yet. I am assuming prezi video will not work with current OS. But as I shared in this thread, I also cannot go back to the older version that used to work…

Hi @Jeff_Fairbanks, @Richard_Livoni there is a 1.10 version of Prezi Video out for Mac, could you try to update and see if that solves the issue?

Hello. Sorry to say exact same thing. The icon expands as if it will open but nothing ultimately happens.
Again, I can’t help but think its something simple, but I sure don’t know what it is. -Jeff

Same here @Bart, the 1.10 icon bounces a couple of times and nothing opens. Agree with @Jeff_Fairbanks that it is probably something simple, but I have no clue as to what it is.

Hi People,

this issue is being investigated by our developers in order to find a fix. Until then, as a workaround, you can download the 1.8 version of Prezi Video which should work properly.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello. Yes it does work, thanks. Do you know the difference between 1.8 and 1.10?

Hi @Jeff_Fairbanks, there is a new version of Prezi Video, which should solve the issue with the startup. Could you please upgrade your version and let us know if it works fine?

If not, you can set your version back to the 1.8 with my previous link.

I just updated and it has opened!! Thank you so much and thank you to the developers for getting on this!

2 Likes

My app crashes when i start a new video. I have High Mountain 10.13.6. :frowning:

Hi @Alvaro_Gordillo_Cobos, could you please let me know what is the version of your Prezi Video application?

Do you get any error message when the app is crashing? Usually, there is a crash report, that you can copy and paste here.