Converting Prezi Classic to Video

Hello,
I’m afraid of the answer but who knows.
Is it in any way possible to insert my prezi classics in prezi video?
I have over a hundred prezi classics and was patient about waiting for a solution before end 2020 as promissed. But with the current state of affairs I’m obliged to start teaching online and am meeting difficulties with my prezi classics.
Any tips or good practices are welcome, thanks everyone .
Best I have found untill now =

• simple screenshare f.e. in zoom, but not sure about my integrated youtube videos in my prezis.
  • transfering prezi classic pdf to powerpoint and then back to prezi next but that seems so ridiculous.

thanks in advance

Hi @Sebastien_Vernieuwe, currently it is not possible to use your Classic presentations with Prezi Video, however, migration from Classic to Next is under development by our team.

Until then, I could recommend you using Zoom and a remote presentation.
If you are in the editor view of your Classic presentation, you can click on the share icon in the top right corner and start a remote presentation.

This will give you a link that you can share with others. On this link they would see your presentation, but only you could control it. If you go forward on your end, the presentations goes forward for the audience as well.

This way you can start to teach online with Zoom and a remote presentation and avoid Youtube videos having issues with Zoom.

Hope this helps, and we will update our forum if the Classic to Next migration is available.

I have just installed prezi video for desktop. I selected the option to import from my previous prezi presentation, but none of them are appearing for me, as if they do not exist.

Hello @Tiago_da_Mota_e_Silva, I merged your post with the relevant thread.

As Flash was recently disabled, it’s no longer possible to edit your Classic presentations through the browser, but you’re able to convert them so they are editable in our new editor, Prezi Present, and Prezi Video.

In order to do so, firstly, please open Prezi in your preferred browser. Select Prezi Present, and you should see all your Classic presentations there. After, follow the steps mentioned in this video to convert your presentation.

Then, when you login into the Prezi Video desktop app, you should be able to see these converted presentations.

Hope this could help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just upgraded from Prezi Classic to …video I belive. When I started Video for the forst time I wanted to use the option to import a Classic presentation so I can continue to use that as a backbone for the new interactive video presentation. I found that Google Chrome has stropped the import due to restrictions to Flash. A support message is presented where point 2 says "Click the dropdown next to “Flash” and select “Allow”. Please not that this option is not there. When to do to import the classic presentation into Video?

I needed to convert old Prezi Classic presentation to Prezi Present before import to Prezi Video.

1 Like

Hello @Stein_Inge_Haaland, I merged your post with the relevant thread.

Please, check the reply above :slight_smile:

I recently edited an old Prezi Classic presentation in Prezi Present. I then opened up my Prezi Video desktop app, selected “Import from Prezi” and selected that updated presentation. However, it only appeared as a black screen, no matter which view I selected (i.e., no content, content + camera, no camera…). Here is a screenshot illustrating what I mean:

If I press the “forward” arrow to advance the presentation, nothing happens to the black screen.

Suggestions appreciated!

Hello @TJ_Mullaney, I merged your post with the relevant thread.

Is this happening with all your converted presentations or only this one? Could you please send us the title of the presentation so we can further investigate?

Hope to hear from you soon!

I just checked several other converted presentations and it seems like they’re all suffering the same issue.

The title of the presentation in my original post is “Unit 6: Exodus.” Let me know what I can do!

Thank you so much @TJ_Mullaney :slight_smile: Could you also send us your system specifications?

@TJ_Mullaney could you please test creating a video through the online editor, as demonstrated here, and let me know if you’re able to do so?

I can and have; I’ve created multiple videos through the online editor successfully.

I can record that way, but then I’m limited to 15 mins, right?