Camera not working with the desktop app

Hi, I have been trying for some time now, but I cannot make it work.
The desktop app doesnot recognise the cam.
The online version of Prezi Video works fine.
But now I want to start a meeting through Zoom, and for this I have to use the desktop version.
I use Google Chrome, cleared cache and restarted. Still no cam active.
Please advise.
Regards, Hans Bik

1 Like

Hello @Hans_Bik, are you using the integrated webcam in your computer? Could you please send us a screenshot of what you see when you try to use the application?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Catarina,
I am using a logitech webcam.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Regs Hans

Hello @Hans_Bik, is it an external webcam?

Hi Catarina,

I am using a separate webcam Logitech.

My desktop has no integrated cam.

Here is a screenshot.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Hans

Hello @Hans_Bik, thank you so much, we have reached out to our development team and we are currently investigating this issue :slight_smile: as soon as we have any news we will reach out to you!

1 Like

Hello @Hans_Bik, is your camera being used by any other application simultaneously?

Hope to hear from you soon! :slight_smile:

No Catarina, the cam can only be used by one app at the time.

I check this by looking at the deskmanager and the active processes.

I now tried prezi classic and zoom. Together with the logitech webcam.

It is OK, but not great. I had some sound issues because I was not wearing headphones.

Had to adjust a lot. In the end I used Pinnacle studio and screen recording with narrating.

Anyway, I will try something else.

Its a pity that the “easy and quick” prezi video doesn’t work for me at the moment.

Thanks for trying.

The issue of the logo “prezi video” I understand, still stands.

Have a great day.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hans

Verzonden vanuit
Mail
voor Windows 10

A post was split to a new topic: Issue when recording with the desktop app

Same here. Desktop editor does not see my cam.

If I use it online on prezi.com with Chrome it works perfectly, but not with downloaded desktop app.

It’s an external webcam (Logitech c310) and I am working in Windows 10 64bit.

In the log file it says “WARN prezi_log:default Webcam with no compatible configs found”

Thanks
Lorenzo

1 Like

While I can use my integrated camera with other apps, but it cannot be found by Prezi Video. It asked me to “reconnect” by the orange banner. The “refresh camera list” and “Camera list” are both in gray. The camera work in online editor.

I am using a desktop in windows 10 with integrated camera.

Hello @Shu_Ming_Chan, could you please check if the camera is not being used simultaneously in another program/application?

Hope to hear from you soon! :slight_smile:

Hello @Hans_Bik, could you please send us the model of your Logitech webcam so we can investigate this issue further?

Hello @Lorenzo_Amadei, thank you so much for sending these informations, we are currently investigating the issue and we’ll let you know as soon as we have any details :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same issue here- creating massive problems right now with this virus and not being able to use camera. I also am using an external logi camera. doesnt work. don’t know what to do now.

Hi Catarina,

I am using a Logitech webcam Pro 9000.

Have a nice day.

Hans Bik

Hello everyone, thanks for your valuable inputs, our development team is currently working on a fix for this issue and we will let you know when it’s done :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your patience!

1 Like

Hi, same problem with camlink 4k -> camera is not listed in the camera menu. I can’t use it. Would be great to see a solution for that problem, because I like Prezi video a lot!

BR
Stephan